Safe at Home
Our Safe at Home program offers quality emergency repairs and home modifications, helping low- income homeowners, with priority to seniors and physically disabled individuals live in safe and healthy homes. Services are provided by our dedicated volunteers, professional contractors, and staff at no cost to qualified homeowners.
Individual homeowners may request our services by applying online or over the phone at (614) 258.6392, Monday – Thursday from 7am – 4pm.
Qualifications for services:
- Must meet income guidelines
- Preference to those over 60 years of age and/or disabled
- Owner occupied house for three or more years
- No rentals or doubles
- Single family structure in sound condition
Typical repairs include:
- Adding handrails to stairways
- Repairing and replacing dangerous steps
- Fixing dangerous electrical wiring or conditions
- Repairing plumbing fixtures
- Installing grab bars